Regional Cancer Treatment
MidCentral DHB Regional Cancer Treatment service during COVID-19
Last updated on 21 February 2021
In line with the national response to the COVID-19 pandemic, some adjustments were in place wihin our Regional Cancer Treatment Service in MidCentral DHB. While the service is fairly well back to normal at Alert Level 1 and 2, we are committed to ensuring the safety of our patients and staff during this challenging time.
Visit the MidCentral DHB vimeo page to view more videos like this.
Patients receiving treatment
If you are having treatment or need treatment, please be assured that this is considered an essential healthcare service and will be continuing as normal throughout all alert levels of the national response to COVID-19.
All radiation therapy and chemotherapy is being delivered as normal.
If you are having treatment or need treatment, this will still go ahead and it’s important that you come to treatment appointments as planned.
Appointments with an oncologist
If you have a new-patient or a follow-up appointment (not treatment appointments) this might mean you talk to your doctor via a phone call in your own home or via a video-conference at your local hospital, rather than seeing them in person.
For these appointments we will contact you and talk about the best option for seeing the doctor when you need to. For some people the best choice is still to come to Palmerston North Hospital and we will arrange this if needed.
At any time if you need to contact us, please use the contact numbers below:
- Palmerston North Clinical Haematology - phone 06 350 8550
- Palmerston North Radiation Therapy Department - phone 06 350 8142
- Palmerston North Day Ward - phone 06 350 8130
- Hawkes Bay, Villa 6 - phone 0800 464 655
- Taranaki Base Hospital Oncology Department - phone 06 753 7739, extension 2
- Whanganui Outpatients Oncology Department - phone 06 348 3015
- Wairarapa Hospital Day Procedure Unit - phone 06 946 9856, extension 4902
Remember if you have any concerns about becoming unwell due to COVID-19 please call the health advice line on 0800 358 5453.